Friday, February 15, 2013

An Explanation of Computers vs. Evil

The real Supercomputer.
     Computers vs. Evil is, in my mind, a self-explanatory title for a personal brand that I am building. Since it is personal, let me first give you some background about myself and in that way you will better understand the purpose, intention, and style of said blog.

     My name is Zach Rhodes. This is my last semester at the University of Northern Iowa, where I majoring in marketing. Marketing, for those of you that do not know, is where it's at. Particularly if you're interested in business but also have a creative side and/or personality. If you like to count beans, I'd recommend accounting.

Yes, that is me. 

     I am engaged to be married to the love of my life - Ellen. This is the most important aspect of my existence and I live to make her happy. Happy Day After Valentine's Day, my love!

Ain't she cute?

     I currently work on the Windows UCrew as brand ambassador for the university, which primarily consists of demonstrating the new Windows 8 Operating System to students - 1200 demos over the course of the school year, in case you were wondering. It is a terrific gig; in addition to being paid, I am given very capable instruments in which to blow student minds with (metaphorically, of course). For example, I am typing this post on my HP Spectre XT running Windows 8 Pro and mousing with my Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse, all thanks to this blessed internship. The point I'm trying to make here is that I'm a bit of a geek. Correction, a very big geek.

Blogging action shot. Coffee is a must. 
     Being a geek, I have a natural love for all things computers, including but not limited to: personal computers, tablets (which really should be considered personal computers), smartphones, and all peripheral attachments.

     I have a strong passion for people and helping people in need. It is my belief, and truly a fact, that if everyone who is able would give generously, whether it be time or possessions or money, that all of the strife and sadness in this world would be eliminated.

     It is my passion for humanity and love for computers that I am combining here to create Computers vs. Evil, a personal brand focused on the positive impact of computers on society, and how computers, software, and the internet are being used to help people and improve society in a variety of ways; whether it is for education, health, efficiency, happiness, social, economical, or even more creative purposes.

     So if a blog devoted to creative ways computers are being used for good, then this is the blog for you. Thanks for reading and look forward to many future posts on computers absolutely destroying evil.

(Disclaimer: I realize this post, being my 2nd post, should probably have just been my first post; but as is life - chaotic and disordered - so is this blog.)






   

2 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a bean counter. I do, however, enjoy counting bears. Are there classes for bear counters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, for bear counters I'd recommend the Leisure, Youth & Human Services path.

    ReplyDelete